A Remote Senior Backend Engineer, Series A startup - Fully Remote at Nomad HomesNomad is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help in our mission to make buying homes in EMEA ridiculously easy.
About Us 🏠
Nomad is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help in our mission to make buying homes in EMEA ridiculously easy. While we can trade stocks, order cars, or book short-term stays seamlessly online, the process of buying a home across the region remains slow, paper-driven, and inefficient. We’re building an end-to-end experience to empower buyers to search, transact, and finance under one roof.
Our founding team consists of operational, engineering, and real estate professionals from Uber, Addepar, UberEats, and PeerStreet. We are also ex-Blackstone, Goldman Sachs, Gilt, General Assembly and Jump. We launched in 2020 and now have operations in both Dubai and Paris. We are a Series A company with rockstar investors including Comcast Ventures, Partech, Abstract Ventures, Precursor Ventures, WndrCo, and Class 5 Global.
As a Backend Software Engineer you will work on core user-facing product for multiple markets and back-office tools. Joining our small development team at such an early stage means you will have significant impact on our product and engineering with many opportunities to learn and grow.
At Nomad You Will 🛠️
- Be at the source of bringing change to real estate market in EMEA region
- Architect, design and develop customer-facing applications and back-office tools on multiple markets
- Take an ownership on building new features on Nomad platform
- Manage cloud infrastructure with Infrastructure as a code (IaaC)
- Collaborate with engineering peers to improve processes and product
- Work closely with product and design team
- Work with our main tech stack which includes Node.js, Nest.js, PostgreSQL, Kafka, ElasticSearch, AWS
What You Get From Us 🎁
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- Flexibility to work from any of our current and future operating markets ✈️
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacation policy - work hard and take time off when you need it
- The opportunity to create foundational impact that will shape the future of our business as we grow into new countries and cities
Sound like you? 🙌
- You have 4+ years of software development experience
- Eager to solve complex engineering problems
- Can lead a project from design stage to release
- Can find balance between shipping things fast and maintaining right level of quality
- Know how to solve issues in distributed systems world
- Cares about the end-user experience and value product delivers
- Have experience with Node.js, Typescript
- You know what's optimistic and pessimistic lock in SQL databases
- Know what happens when your application scales
- Can choose between REST and GraphQL in different cases
- Have excellent communication skills
- Would be a plus, if you have experience with AWS or other cloud providers