A Remote Senior Electron - Go Developer at SchoolyearSchoolyear is a fast-growing, Edtech start-up. Our mission is to make digital education about education again, not about getting the software to work.
Schoolyear is a fast-growing, Edtech start-up based in the High-Tech city of Eindhoven (The Netherlands). Our mission is to make digital education about education again, not about getting the software to work. Our platform reduces all the complex logistics of digital exams to a matter of clicking a few buttons.
That is where you come in. As one of the key members of our early-stage development team (3 people), you design, implement and operate whatever happens when a user clicks that button. Providing an automagical experience in high-stake exam situations to thousands of teachers and students per week is the most challenging and rewarding part of this role. Because we face extreme peak-loads and laptop devices ranging from your grandmother's Toshiba to the latest Macbook M1, this role is much wider than your average Full-Stack position. In addition to our base stack (Vue, Go, PSQL, Electron) we frequently dip our toes in native Win32 and macOS APIs, C++, Obj-C and low-level Chromium security mechanisms. Our stack is too deep to fit in a single brain, so quick learning skills and good team communications skills are fundamental to this position. Your job is pretty much whatever it takes to make the buttons do what the user expects the buttons to do.
The perfect match
- You prefer building products over building complex systems. We are a very pragmatic development team.
- You rather work on a feature (vertical) than specialize on the backend.
- You have an interest in security and pen-testing.
- You have a strong Full-Stack engineering foundation (2y+).
- You have no trouble going beyond the safe haven of the web browser. We touch OS and network APIs regularly.
- You are familiar with Window APIs. You know what the Windows Registry is.
- You have meaningful experience with any SQL database.
- You know your way around cloud environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- You possess good written and oral English communication skills.
- You live somewhere in or near CEST (Europe/Amsterdam)
- As one of the early team members, there’s a lot of room for your input, creativity and growth.
- We build software for education. You are impacting the way students of the future learn.
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments.
- You can work remote and/or at our office in Eindhoven.
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing and impactful environment.